IIC Congress 2020 Online: Getty Attendance Grants, deadline 25 September 2020
Thanks to the generosity of the Getty Foundation, IIC are pleased to be able to offer 30 grants to enable practicing conservators to participate in this year’s IIC Edinburgh Congress 2020 online – ‘Practices and Challenges in Built Heritage Conservation,’ from 2 – 6 November 2020.
Recipients will receive a special invitation to the online preview event, access to the full programme, live Q&A sessions, online networking events, exhibition and virtual tours with a further 30-day access to the congress platform to view all papers, posters and recorded sessions.
Application is open to individual practicing conservators from countries with emerging economies and in employment in either a public or private capacity. Please note these grants are subject to the regulations of the Getty Foundation and are not available to students, nor to recipients of other IIC-managed grants related to attendance at this IIC Congress.
This year Getty Grant recipients will also be able to participate in a professional development workshop online, led by Debbie Hess Norris, Bob Norris and Sarah Staniforth, ‘Developing Leadership and Advocacy Skills for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage’. A £30 per diem payment for the 5 days (maximum £150) per grant recipient, will also be awarded to cover expenses that facilitate digital access and online participation, such as the purchase of headphones and enhanced data connectivity
How to apply:
There is no formal application form for this grant. Instead you will need to send to the IIC office an application made up of:
- A brief statement (up to 250 words, in English) describing how attendance at the Congress would be of benefit to you and to conservation of cultural heritage in your country
- An outline of how the £30 per diem (maximum £150 per grant recipient) payment will be used to support your participation online.
- A copy of your current CV (curriculum vitae) with your full name and contact details / home postal address
- A signed letter of support from one senior professional conservator, who should be named, with their affiliations and full contact details.
Applications will be accepted in English only and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line: IIC Congress Getty Attendance Grant . The deadline for applications is the 25 September 2020
Further details about the grant can be found here.
Criteria for selection will include:
- The current involvement of the applicant in conservation
- The relevance of the Congress theme to the applicant’s current work
- The potential benefit to the applicant’s career
- The potential benefit to conservation of cultural heritage in the applicant’s country.
Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as a decision has been made. Successful applicants will be informed of the arrangements for payment of the per diem by mid-October 2020.
After the congress: Successful applicants are required to submit a short report of their participation to IIC; this will then be sent on to the Getty Foundation.