Online seminar: Heritage and Sustainability in Post COVID-19 World – Building Back Better, 2nd July 14:00-15:00 (Rome, Italy)
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to confront critical questions and decisions concerning our future and the role of cultural heritage in it. Looking ahead, the post COVID-19 phase provides an opportunity to ‘build back better’ by rethinking and further strengthening the role of heritage in sustainable development, in line with the UN 2030 agenda. Nevertheless, this will require the heritage sector to reconsider its position and proactively take concrete steps to advance social, environmental, and economic sustainability. The webinar will address this issue, with particular focus on museums and their collections.
- Viviane GOSSELIN, PhD, Director of Collections and Exhibitions at the Museum of Vancouver, Canada. Member of the Advisory Group for the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice.
- Sophia LABADI, PhD, Professor of Heritage, University of Kent, UK.
- Abubakar SULE SANI, PhD, Senior Lecturer, Department of Archaeology, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – Nigeria.
- Errol VAN DE WERDT, drs/MA, Director, TextielMuseum, Tilburg – The Netherlands.
- José Luiz Pedersoli Jr., ICCROM
Time: 14:00 – 15:00 (Rome, Italy)
Link to webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_wfX1cKNOS6eULnoxZgO6hA