Open Access and Free of Charge on Special Issue «Study and Characterization of Paintings: Materials, Artistic Techniques, and Conservation».
The editors of Heritage have decided to waive the fee for all papers submitted from 1st June to 31st August 2021 a good chance to contribute a paper to the Special Issue “Study and Characterization of Paintings: Materials, Artistic Techniques, and Conservation”.
This Special Issue aims to show a wide selection of contributions in the study of paintings as well as recent points of view to promote a greater understanding of the inherent complexity of paintings and stimulate innovative questions and discussions on this topic.
Multidisciplinary collaborative studies and review manuscripts are welcome. This includes different approaches to studying painting across a different combinations of artistic techniques, restoration practices, and material characterization, including both case studies and mock-ups. Also manuscripts on the following selected topics are welcomed:
- The characterization, degradation, and restoration of painting supports such as wood, canvas, paper, parchment, plaster, and pottery.
- The stratigraphy of painted artworks, artistic techniques, and restoration issues, and new techniques of analysis.
- Degradation processes and the conservation of natural and synthetic organic binders, and their interaction with pigment particles.
- Restoration issues, including varnishing and cleaning practices in paintings. Additionally, the history of, experimentation with, and evaluation of restoration products, as well as new perspectives of study.
- Study of moisture and temperature in indoor and semiconfined environments for the collection care of paintings.
- Ancient recipes and restoration practices and their impact on painting conservation.
- Art history and materials science in studying the style and masterpieces of artists, artistic currents, and movements.
From Guest Editors:
Dr. Valeria Di Tullio
Dr. Brenda Doherty
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Information extracted from here: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/heritage/special_issues/Paintings_Materials